2023 Electon : Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria Does Not Need You Again : Do Not RUN

Mr. President, I sent an email to you on March 21 2015 that I was making it home to ensure that General Buhari was not elected. 

In my thesis, I had noted that Mr. Buhari was not intellectually capable of leading a nation. He was hopelessly incapable of comprehending complex things in friendly interviews! Within minutes, you responded. But as the Federal High Court, on Friday, in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, rules that you can run for president in 2023, I want to tell you loud and clear - DO NOT RUN. 

Nigeria does not need you again. What I suggest, publicly, is that you find one of the emerging leaders and mentor him or her. The Nigeria you left in 2015 is not the nation we have today. And the leader we need to fix that 2023 Nigeria is different.

 I am your #1 fan but on this one, do not do it. Like I made my case against General Buhari, even you cannot save Nigeria at this point. The greatest challenge today is to get the youth to believe in Nigeria.

 They are fighting economic warfares, hopelessly. Your position is to build a ladder to get a new type of leader, in any party, to restore the nation and get them to believe. As always, all respect to you. Do not run; you did not leave any bag in Aso Rock. Work to build for the future. God bless you, God bless President Buhari, and President Obasanjo, as three of you come together, and leave politics aside and work for the future of this nation. This is that moment because many things are fading daily!

-Ndubisi Ekekwe, Tekedia


Comments